As a business grows, information sharing grows along with it – with vendors, contractors, partners, and customers. And every one of these digital relationships presents a new set of cyber risks. The need for security and the way in which it is implemented must be balanced, thoughtfully, in line with the needs of an organization to operate effectively, and to actively pursue its future goals. While it is impossible to eliminate all risks of cyber attacks, a well-designed program will minimize the negative impact on both short and long-term business goals.
BDO has a team of information and cyber security experts which, along with our investment in tools and methods, can help bring the latest insights to your business. BDO’s Cyber Security services offer a number of different solutions, from high level assessments to deeper intrusive assessment of the security configurations. Our team is comprised of seasoned professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including experienced IT, operations and data privacy consultants, as well as forensic technology professionals. We are built to provide comprehensive, customized services for each client, focusing on your specific operating model, technical demands, regulatory environment and industry dynamics. Whether it’s financial services, telecoms, oil & gas, government entity, insurance, healthcare, retail, hospitality, or any other industry – we understand your needs. BDO provides the following range of cybersecurity services:
- Cyber Risk Assessment & Security Testing (VA/PT) - Using proven threat-modeling methodologies, we help to identify, classify and assess risks pertaining to information assets; evaluate potential impact and exposure, prioritizing risks against the costs of protection and implementing data breach prevention practices for effectively securing your sensitive information. We have also adopted an effective approach for our vulnerability assessment and penetration testing exercise using specialized tools comprising of planning, assessing and testing, documenting, reporting. This is geared towards effectively identifying potential exposures within your enterprise network (wired and wireless), information systems environment (applications, systems, and database), and public facing web applications to prevent the compromise of valuable Information assets and ensure security objectives are being met.
- Information/Cybersecurity Compliance Services: There are a number of different security standards organizations which may be needed to adhere to - based on their industry or the data they hold. We have methodologies to help you meet the requirements of various standards, including ISO27001, ADSIC, NESA, DGISR and PCI DSS. Our tested and proven methodology and extensive experience ensure the effective and timely implementation and the eventual certification to the applicable standards. We follow a risk-based approach in ensuring that controls implemented are within the context of your organization’s strategy.
- Cybersecurity Management Strategy & Program Design – We assist in the design and implementation of a comprehensive cybersecurity program aligned with an existing enterprise risk management framework. This includes strategy, organizational structure, governance, policies and procedures, training, and both internal and external communications. This encompasses access controls, data protection, security monitoring, data privacy, and the selection and implementation of security tools.
- Security Improvement Planning, Awareness & Training: We understand the most efficient and effective way to manage the security threats. We can work with you to identify appropriate technology solutions, perform configuration baseline reviews, enhance security management processes, provide assurance over key 3rd party service providers and provide comprehensive security awareness training to Board and employees.
- Security Incident Response Services: We assess how mature your incident response plans are including, use of specialized tools, methods to help contain the attack, communication strategy and recovery plans. If attacked and a security breach occurs, BDO’s experts can help you develop an immediate response plan to deal with the risk exposure you face.
- Digital Forensics & Cyber Investigations - We provide rapid response to breach incidents or fraud, including identification of cause and implementation of remediation measures for affected areas, as well as expert testimony when needed.