Regulatory and Compliance
Regulations vary in scope across jurisdictions and can greatly affect companies when they change, not just in terms of compliance but also as they relate to financial implications. While change may be difficult to navigate, it also creates a chance to simplify processes and procedures.
Our team of experts helps clients understand the rules that govern their business and brings a deep understanding through regulatory compliance, advisory, and financial services. Using our proprietary methodologies and tools, BDO advises and assists clients on creating proper internal controls to coincide with changes in regulations and standards.
We realize that achieving compliance can be time-consuming and costly, and we make every effort to simplify the process through straightforward, simplified advice.
Our professionals have extensive experience in advising clients on the compliance requirements stipulated by the regulatory authorities such as Dubai Financial Services Authority and the Abu Dhabi Global Markets. In assessing and evaluating regulated clients’ internal control system and processes, we review, amongst other things, the following key areas:
- Compliance with the DFSA Modules: General (GEN), Conduct of Business (COB), Prudential – Investment, Insurance, Intermediation and Banking (PIB)
- Compliance with the Financial Services Regulatory Authority requirements
- Timely submission of returns, capital adequacy monitoring process
- Conflicts of interest, personal account dealings, record keeping
- AML policies and procedures and suspicious transactions reporting
- KYC process