Sound corporate governance practices are of paramount importance in an increasingly complex business environment. Against the backdrop of an ever-changing business landscape and increased competition, a robust corporate governance system helps to safeguard a company’s interests while generating sustainable long-term returns.
Developing and implementing a good corporate governance framework facilitates strategic decision making, efficient utilization of resources and results in better regulatory compliance.
BDO’s team of professionals draw from a vast wealth of knowledge of internationally accepted codes of best practices in designing and delivering tailor-made corporate governance solutions. Our customized solutions includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of shareholders and Board of Directors
- Culture (governance, risk and control)
- Three lines of defense
- Control environment maturity assessment
- Board, committees and management communication
- Board and committee composition and effectiveness
- Whistle blowing and code of conduct
- Compliance with establishment law, rules and regulations
- Stakeholder management
- Authority matrix and delegation of authority