Fraud and Financial Investigations
The key element for handling frauds and financial crimes is to respond quickly and hire expert assistance. Achieving a rapid response can be critical to the success of any investigation.
We regularly conduct large-scale, complex investigations for large corporations, banks and financial institutions and law firms.
We work closely with colleagues from across BDO’s international network to provide expertise across the globe no matter where the issue is discovered or what business sector it is in.
Our team provides investigative, asset tracking and recovery services to establish liability, trace misappropriated assets and mitigate the impact of financial and economic crime. Whether investigating fraud, accounting "black holes", regulatory breaches, employee misconduct or other financial crime, we build multi-disciplinary teams tailored to the requirements of the assignment.
To minimize the chances of recurrence, our risk specialists develop and implement fraud prevention measures that protect businesses against the threat of economic crime.
Our investigation services include:
- Rapid response fraud investigation
- Forensic audits to determine end-use of funds provided by banks and financial institutions
- Investigation into accounting irregularities and financial misstatements
- Employee embezzlement and kickbacks, Unethical practices by employees including misconduct
- Corruption and bribery investigations
- Regulatory investigations (including Skilled Person assignments)
- Asset tracing and recovery