04 December 2017
We are pleased to announce the publication of the Q4 edition of Horizons, BDO’s global mid-market M&A review. Please download Horizons from our dedicated microsite, bdohorizons.com.
Here are some of the new Horizons’ highlights:
- China's ‘coming of age’: now more thoughtful acquisitions, M&A deal value and numbers rise, outbound investment increases
- Europe: despite Brexit, UK & EIR recorded strong performance, deal volume / value dropped elsewhere. EU rules will hamper M&A activity
- Mohdi’s ‘Make in India’ programme challenges Chinese dominance in manufacturing - change expected as deal-makers master GST
- USA - The slowest quarterly activity since Q2 2013. Valuations at unprecedented levels: buyers baulk.
- Latin America fell 49.7% in value, compared to Q2. Improvements in Argentina rewarded with investor confidence. Brazil heads the top Q3 deals for Q3 2017.
More highlights can be found in the attached press release, and the full detail, including an industry review, is in this issue’s 45 pages of articles, authored by more than 20 BDO M&A specialists. Their commentaries provide a satellite view, integrating impacts from politics, and offering predictions for 2018.
Marketing and promotion
Your firm’s marketers have received a Horizons marketing activation kit, including the Horizons Q4 PDF, a customisable press release, social media posts and images and instructions on how to use the content sharing facility on the global web template to post the PDF on your local web site.
Timing – the GO Brand & Marketing department will issue a press release regarding the launch of Horizons Q4 on 14 November 2017: our firms will follow suit
Web site – on the same day, the Q4 edition will be posted on bdohorizons.com and in the INSIGHTS section of bdo.global, as well as on our firms’ sites
Horizons continues to position BDO as the mid-market M&A specialists. It is an outstanding instrument to keep BDO’s M&A services top of mind among decision makers. This great asset will prove very effective for your firm and for the network: thank you in advance for assisting us with its promotion.
Director - Corporate Finance