Public Sector Consulting
Guiding clients through challenging times
BDO’s Public Sector Consulting team is a national practice working with clients across the sector on a variety of critical projects. Our work assists clients facing significant challenges to transform their organisations and the services that they deliver, achieving a step change in both operational and financial performance.
We work with clients from federal and emirate government and all areas of the wider sector. Increasingly, our work focuses on helping our clients to get more from less, and on driving delivery of organisational objectives..
Some of the core services we provide for these clients include:
- Strategy development and implementation
- Corporate governance framework advisory
- Design and implementation of whole system transformation, new models of care and integration projects
- Option appraisal and business case development
- Strengthening governance and internal controls
- Costing, benchmarking and service prioritisation
- Supporting complex procurement
- Financial and commercial advice on major capital projects and programmes, including public-private partnerships
- Commercialisation, including income generation and trading companies
- Due diligence
Our clients tell us they like working with us due to our fresh and challenging perspective, our genuine understanding of the issues facing public sector clients and our approach to working hand in hand with internal teams to build skills and capacity within our clients’ organisations.
Our team members are all sector specialists as well as having relevant professional and technical qualifications and many have held roles within the public sector before coming to work for us. Our core team includes energetic and experienced professionals with health, local government and central government expertise.
We have access to the wider BDO network which provides specialist input on tax, forensic accounting, valuations, corporate finance and other financial disciplines in a wide range of countries worldwide.
When our clients require, we also call upon our associate and partner network to provide subject matter expertise from, for example, leading academics, health strategists, behavioural scientists, health planners, local government specialists, estates experts and technical and legal advisers.