On 14 November 2016 BDO UAE will hold the seminar on Managing Fraud Risk with Limited Resources. The seminar is an opportunity to explore practical ways to reduce your fraud exposure. This is a must-attend event for any executive tasked with protecting an organization from today’s evolving fraud threats.
Intended Audience: Stakeholders and Financial Controllers who are looking to protect their assets. Key topics and details you may find in the attached Agenda.
Date & venue: 14 November 2016 at The Address Hotel Dubai Mall
Time: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Benefits: Case studies based on UAE experience, CPD, networking lunch
Attendance: AED 600 per person
This practical seminar intended to give you the tools needed to prevent and detect fraud.
Learn how to:
• Conduct an effective fraud risk assessment
• Identify your own key fraud risks
• Put in place the essential counter fraud controls
• Prevent fraud in actual case studies
• Use the advanced tools that are available to prevent and detect fraud
• How to address key cyber security risks
Key discussion topics
We are all likely to be victims of fraud at some point. Our businesses are constantly at risk from within (e.g. abuse of vendor account) or from outside (e.g. cyber attacks).
Offering practical help on managing your fraud risk, we will focus on actual case studies of businesses like yours, showing you how they could have been prevented and what are the available tools to protect you.
FOCUS Part 1: Fraud risk in context
• An overview of fraud – some key trends
• What key counter fraud controls should you have?
• Which assets are likely to be at greatest risk?
• How can you achieve effective segregation of duties?
• How can you assess your own protection?
• The importance of monitoring, culture and behaviors and how to get these right
• The fraud risk assessment – know your enemy
• How should you assess your fraud risk and who should be involved?
FOCUS Part 2: Advanced fraud prevention and detection techniques
• Exploring cyber-crime and the steps you can take to shield yourselves
• Data analytics and the power of information in battling fraud
• Forensic examination - what tools are available to identify fraud red flags and how can you make use of them?
FOCUS Part 3: Case studies
• Real life cases and how they could have been prevented
SUMMARY: Key actions to take away
Q & A
Entrance fee is AED 600. The number of places is limited and is served on first come basis. Attendance is upon confirmation.
Rita Rosen, email@example.com
Mobile: +971 52 740 2345