UAE has implemented VAT from 1 January 2018 at the standard rate of 5%. BDO with its dedicated VAT team has helped numerous businesses prepare for the implementation of the new VAT regime by providing end-to-end support tailored to our clients needs. We also work closely with our VAT specialist across our international BDO network and have collaborated in the implementation of VAT across both KSA and UAE.
How BDO can help you now:
- Providing tailor-made innovative tax solutions and services. We have the experienced teams in Tax, Consulting and IT who work together in delivering a one stop solution to all of our clients’ needs.
- Sharing information, experiences and knowledge about the regulatory, economic and business environment.
- Adopting a flexible approach to working alongside clients, in getting business operations up and running in the dynamic and challenging environments in which the organisations operate.
- Serving on-going clients’ business requirements in the GCC and at international locations through our global teams working together seamlessly.
- Preparation and reviewing of VAT returns
10 Jan 2018 – VAT has finally arrived. Updates and news
13 Dec 2017
The Federal Tax Authority has released guidance for Tax accounting software which requires such software to adhere to certain requirements in order to comply with the obligations set out in the Federal Decree law no. (8) of 2017. Further, Tax accounting software providers are required to provide a written declaration that their software is compliant with the requirements listed by the FTA.
Please refer to the documents for details and steps to be followed for submitting a written declaration mentioned above. For further details, please visit https://www.tax.gov.ae/requirement-tax-accounting.aspx
27 August 2017 – UAE issues VAT law and launches FTA website
We are planning to host seminars and workshops shortly in 2018 to provide practical advice on the VAT implementation and its impact on our clients’ businesses. Keep an eye on this space and we will update you with the dates soon!