VAT Seminar 17 April 2017
19 March 2017
17 April 2017 - First BIT and BDO UAE will gather seasoned tax professionals, government officials and top managers to share up-to-date knowledge on VAT implementation. We have invited experts from Malaysia and the UK to build your expertise on the practical aspects of VAT Implementation for businesses. We will share technical know-how and worldwide experience and update you on relevant VAT matters as well key implications for the UAE’s key sectors.
After attending the seminar, you will be able to:
• Improve your technical knowledge about VAT through presentations from leading BDO and First BIT experts
• Get prepared for major developments underway in the changing tax environment
• Identify and discuss potential cross-border matters related to VAT implementation
• Enhance professional and personal relationships with senior members of the UAE’s business elite
• Share your own ideas through networking
KEY DISCUSSION TOPICS
An overview of VAT principles and the implications for business – the basic VAT information that every business needs to know.
The latest news on the how the introduction of VAT is progressing across the GCC region.
BDO’s analysis of the VAT Framework Agreement and Country by Country Laws (if available at the time of the seminar). In this session we will focus on the key compliance obligations, the expected problem areas and potential opportunities for relief from VAT under the new law, including:
- Payment and reporting obligations
- Implications for the Free Zones
- Issues to be clarified – the critical issues that are still under consideration and what this would mean for you
- What should business be doing now to prepare for implementation?
- The road map to implementation – how to plan for a smooth transition
- How to ensure staff have the right skills to deal with VAT
- The risks of non-compliance – we will share what can go wrong
- Lessons learnt from Malaysia – BDO delivered numerous implementation projects when VAT was introduced in Malaysia in 2015. In this session we will share the challenges experienced during our implementation
Preparing IT systems for VAT implementation:
- Assessing the capability
- Building the functionality
- Automation of VAT processes
Q & A